Dundalk Chamber of Commerce hosted the Louth Business Awards 2016 on Saturday 15th October in the Carrickdale Hotel.
Regional Skills & Training Centre Manager Ray Murphy presented the award for Best Training Initiative on behalf of LMETB who sponsored this category.
Over 570 guests attended the black tie event. Local Soprano Sarah McCourt entertained guests during the reception with Michael Duffy as MC who provided rapport with the audience. The band, Sugartown Road, kept the dance floor full until the early hours with a great selection of songs.
Local football heroes from Dundalk FC attended the event and manager Stephen Kenny gave a fantastic speech, adding to the great atmosphere of the night.
Here are the winners in the various categories for the Louth Business Awards 2016:
- Best Customer Service Award Independent Retailer sponsored by The Argus was won by After Sybil
- Best Customer Service Award Multiple Retailer sponsored by The Carrickdale Hotel was won by Peter Mark
- Best Bar/Pub sponsored by Diageo was won by The Carlingford Arms
- Best Eating Establishment sponsored by Dundalk Stadium was won by River Café
- Best Tourist Attraction sponsored by Crowne Plaza Dundalk was won by Carlingford Adventure Centre
- Special Community Group sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by Dundalk Newry Samaritans
- Age Friendly sponsored by Myhomecare.ie was won by Drogheda & District Support 4 Older People
- Business Growth Award for SME’s sponsored by Local Enterprise Office Louth was won by Paycheck Plus
- Best Exporter of the Year sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was won by National Pen
- Best Customer Service in the Professional Services Sector sponsored by M1 Document was won by PKF FPM Accountants
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by Louth Meath Education Board was won by Irish Homecare
- Dundalk’s Best High Growth SME sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by McArdle Skeath
- Best Use of Internet Technology sponsored by Net1.ie was won by Airbound
- Best Marketing Campaign sponsored by AIB Bank was won by Fyffes
- Corporate Social Responsibility sponsored by Prometric was won Value Centre Cash & Carry Dundalk
- Best New Business Under 3 Years sponsored by Oriel Hub was won by Gecko
- Lifetime Award for Contribution to Louth sponsored by Dundalk Chamber was the Gardiner Family & Ovelle Pharmaceuticals
- The Special Recognition Award was awarded to Stephen Kenny and all the Dundalk FC players
Best Dressed Lady sponsored by Mizu Health and Beauty was won by Jessica Molloy. Best Dressed Gent sponsored by Tony McDonnell Menswear was won by Brian Gartland.
Congratulations to all of the 2016 finalists with a special note to those in the Best Training Initiative Award – DKIT Sport, Horseware, Creative Spark and winner Irish Home Care.
|Ray Murphy RSTC; Michael Gaynor Dundalk Chamber; Joanne Cluett Winner Irish Home Care||
Kelly Gaffney DKIT Sport, Ray Murphy RSTC, Michael Gaynor Dundalk Chamber, Joanne Cluett Irish Homecare, Gerry Boyle Horseware, Sarah Daly Creative Spark